With the digital landscape becoming increasingly crowded, brands are finding it harder to stand out from the competition. That’s why having a creative content marketing strategy is more important now than ever before. In 2023, a creative and engaging content marketing strategy can be the key to attracting and retaining customers, building brand awareness and driving sales.
If you want to run a profitable business in 2023 and beyond, you need a comprehensive content marketing strategy that inspires, educates, and entertains your target audience.
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is a strategic business practice that focuses on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content. It’s the art of business storytelling – using images, words, and video to attract, engage and delight a clearly defined audience, and ultimately drive profitable customer action. It’s how you build trust with your tribe and communicate via blog posts, emails, pages on your website, social media, and more.
Great content marketing attracts the right people to your platforms. It engages them through helpful, edu-taining content turning them into leads and nurtures them into closing as customers or clients. It’s also what delights them into becoming long-term advocates and promoters of your brand.
Here are a few reasons why your brand should have a creative content marketing strategy in 2023:
- Boosts brand awareness: A creative content marketing strategy can help you reach a wider audience and increase brand awareness. This can be achieved through the creation of shareable and engaging content that is designed to attract and retain customers.
- Attracts and retains customers: A well-designed content marketing strategy can help build trust and loyalty with your customers. This can be achieved by creating content that is relevant and valuable to them, and by engaging with them through comments and social media.
- Drives sales: A creative content marketing strategy can help drive sales by providing customers with a reason to choose your brand over the competition. By creating content that is informative, entertaining and relevant, you can increase the likelihood of customers making a purchase from your brand.
- Stands out from the competition: A creative content marketing strategy can help your brand stand out from the competition. By creating unique and engaging content, you can differentiate your brand and make it more memorable in the minds of your customers.
What is a content creation framework? (and why does your brand need it?)
A content creation strategy is a structure of processes for publishing content — from the beginning stages to post-publication. With a structure in place, you and/or your team can foster creative ideas in an organized, scalable manner. A framework strikes that perfect balance between autonomous creativity and long-term content sustainability.
There are five primary types of responsibilities in content creation:
- Content management and strategy: This responsibility involves creating a long-term content plan, mapping it to the business needs, ensuring the other responsibilities are met, and analyzing the reports.
- Writing: Typically, a content writer or marketer will do the writing. While many businesses have niche or technical markets, the people writing your content don’t always have to be subject matter experts. Instead, much like a journalist, they can work with internal and external subject matter experts to create compelling and useful content. While many companies choose to write their content in-house, some choose to outsource that work.
- Editing: Once content has been planned and created, it needs to be edited. Just because a piece of content has been created doesn’t mean it’s ready to be published. Editing ensures alignment with your business’s messaging, your target market’s needs, and the goals the content is meant to solve.
- Designing: Once the content has been written and edited, it needs to be packaged in a way that’s appealing to readers. Having an attractive, fluid format and design can make all the difference in getting someone to stay on your site and enjoy consuming your content. Effective design also plays a huge role in the information hierarchy. You need a high-quality design to structure your content in a way that’s easy for readers to understand and navigate.
- Distributing: A content distributor, also known as a social media coordinator or specialist, is responsible for bringing the content to market through a strategic promotion plan. They need to either create or coordinate the creation of promotional content, map it to the available channels, and schedule it for publication. They’re also the person responsible for analyzing the results of the campaign.
A strategy allows you to organize all of these roles and responsibilities even (especially) if you’re doing them all by yourself. A framework will ease anxiety, allow you to spend more time working on other areas of your business, and prevent you from wasting your precious time doing meaningless tasks that do not serve your goals.
Planning a Long-term Creative Content Marketing Strategy
Knowing how to plan and organize your content initiatives will set you and your business up for long-term success. Planning provides a roadmap for your content enabling you to make confident and tactical decisions regarding what topics you’ll be talking about, what format your content will take, and when you’ll be publishing it. With a Creative Content Marketing plan, you and your team can stay organized and purpose-driven.
Working with a Creative Content Marketing Specialist, (like Me!) can help ensure that you develop a long-term strategy that will enable you to meet both your personal and professional goals. We’ll talk about how to generate content ideas, create content your audience loves to share, incorporate video into your content strategy, repurpose your content for different channels (and subchannels), analyze your content, and more. Get in touch if you’d like to chat more!
In conclusion, having a creative content marketing strategy is essential for any brand that wants to succeed in 2023. By boosting brand awareness, attracting and retaining customers, driving sales, and standing out from the competition, a creative content marketing strategy can help you achieve your business goals and grow your brand. So, make sure to invest in a creative content marketing strategy for your brand today and watch your business soar to new heights in 2023.